Just a quick post to let you know of some new features that will be in version 1.1 (currently being reviewed by Apple and expected to be released within the next week).
- 87 accommodation places (hotels, B&Bs, bunkhouses, campsites) now included. I've also added in support / details of sites where "wild camping" is allowed.
- Clicking on Accommodation details from the itinerary view now displays the details of the accommodation including address, postcode, offline / zoomable location map + buttons to click through to the accommodation owner's website + to phone the hotel / campsite.
- New "Route Guide" feature that gives an introduction to the West Highland Way + an overall route map showing key towns / stopover points.
- Updated Train Times and included link to National Rail website.
- Bag Transfer services now listed - can click through to their websites from within the app or touch the "Call" button to call the bag transfer service.
Of course the app still includes the "Find Me" feature as well as offline maps so you don't have to worry about having a phone/data signal in the Highlands when looking at the maps.
Some screenshots below. Should be out in a few days on iTunes at this page. As always I appreciate any feedback you have and suggestions for the next version. If you prefer email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris (West Highland Way App Developer)